Virtual reality is on the rise! And it seems McDonald’s is out to claim their slice of the virtual reality pie. Earlier this year, the fast food giant introduced 3500 limited-edition Happy Goggles, a Happy Meal toy reserved for Swedish customers spread over fourteen restaurants. Will McDonald’s be launching these foldable virtual reality goggles outside Sweden anytime soon? We sure hope so. Because we’re lovin’ them!
How Happy Goggles workHappy Goggles are more than just a Happy Meal gift. They ARE the Happy Meal. Well, the Happy Meal box that is. Plus two plastic lenses. Oh, and you’ll also be needing your smartphone. It’s best to finish your Happy Meal first before you start assembling your goggles, because rumor has it they’re pretty addictive! Ready? Then here’s how Happy Goggles work:
- Tear away the designated portion of the box.
- Pop out the areas for your eyes and nose.
- Fold the box along the lines.
- Pop the plastic virtual reality lenses into the box.
- Visit the Happy Goggles website with your smartphone.