Packaging and labelling challenges occur on a regular basis in the healthcare industry. In this article we look at five of the most common challenges, including:
- Compliance concerns (difficulties complying with current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) guidelines)
- Process problems (outdated manual processes as a critical source of errors)
- Recall risks (50% of product recalls are related to the labelling or to the packaging artwork)
- Quality quibbles (both in design and processes)
- Slow speed setbacks (delays in getting your products to market)
The consequences of delays can be significant.
One way to help address these challenges is through electronic packaging management systems. These systems – such as Esko’s Webcenter – have many potential benefits, including improved control and visibility of artwork changes, better version control and online proofreading tools.
These benefits drive quality, GMP compliance and security.