Shudder and tremble! The time of spooky packaging designs
is near! Are you looking forward to adorning your packaging with cobwebs, ghosts, monsters, … and the like? Then you’re in for a real treat. We’ve put together a short but sweet overview of the coolest Halloween packaging designs
, as well as some handy tips
to make your Halloween packaging stand out from the crowd.
Halloween packaging design tips
- Graphics that make eye-contact: research has shown that packaging that ‘makes eye contact’ draws the consumer’s attention and even increases sales. And what better time than Halloween to include a hypnotic pair of eyes in your packaging design, right?
- In the light of the previous tip, opt for stand-up pouches to give your design maximum visibility.
- Don’t let your packaging drown in a sea of black and orange. Sure, black and orange are go-to colours for Halloween. You know this. We know this. And your competitors know it too …
- Think past Halloween: chances are your packaging design will still be on the shelves after October 31. Consider a more versatile design with an autumn theme to keep the product looking relevant before, during and after Halloween.
- Think your retail-ready displays through: practical as they may be, retail-ready displays make your packaging design less visible if the edges of the cases are too wide.
Time to get inspired!
Can’t wait to get started on your own design? Here are our top three Halloween packaging designs:
1. Frozen Ghost Vodka
This design for Frozen Ghost Vodka really gives us the creeps. But in a cool (no pun intended) kind of way …
2. Sanuki Udon
Simple does it! We couldn’t help but smile when we saw this cute Halloween packaging design
for udon noodles.
3. La Catrina Wines
Who doesn’t love a wedding? Especially when the wedding party is a cheerful bunch of skeletons
in Mexican attire, printed on six bottles of tasty La Catrina wine. Gotta collect ‘em all!
Inspired by Packaging of the World & Packaging Digest