October 13, 2016
Shudder and tremble! The time of spooky packaging designs is near! Are you looking forward to adorning your packaging with cobwebs, ghosts, monsters, … and the like? Then you’re in for a real treat. We’ve put together a short but sweet overview of the coolest Halloween packaging designs, as well as some handy tips to make your Halloween packaging stand out from the crowd.
Halloween packaging design tips
- Graphics that make eye-contact: research has shown that packaging that ‘makes eye contact’ draws the consumer’s attention and even increases sales. And what better time than Halloween to include a hypnotic pair of eyes in your packaging design, right?
- In the light of the previous tip, opt for stand-up pouches to give your design maximum visibility.
- Don’t let your packaging drown in a sea of black and orange. Sure, black and orange are go-to colours for Halloween. You know this. We know this. And your competitors know it too …
- Think past Halloween: chances are your packaging design will still be on the shelves after October 31. Consider a more versatile design with an autumn theme to keep the product looking relevant before, during and after Halloween.
- Think your retail-ready displays through: practical as they may be, retail-ready displays make your packaging design less visible if the edges of the cases are too wide.